Information about Roxatidine
How roxatidine works
Roxatidine is an H2 blocker. It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of roxatidine
Fatigue, Drowsiness, Headache, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Roxatidine
- ₹40 to ₹200Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Roxatidine
- Roxatidine is a well tolerated and safe medicine with a very low incidence of side effects.
- Take Roxatidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day as it is very effective in controlling stomach acid released in the midnight.
- If you are also taking an antacid, take it two hours before or after taking Roxatidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Roxatidine for two weeks or 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver disease. Dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.