Information about Rosiglitazone
Rosiglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How rosiglitazone works
Rosiglitazone is an anti-diabetic medicine. It works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural substance that helps control blood sugar levels.
Common side effects of rosiglitazone
Blurred vision, Respiratory tract infection, Bone fracture, Numbness
Available Medicine for Rosiglitazone
- ₹33 to ₹93Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹99Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹55Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹100Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹100Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11000Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rosiglitazone
- Highly effective in decreasing haemoglobin A1c level (Hemoglobin A1c measures average blood sugar over time).
- Rosiglitazone may rarely cause hypoglycemia.
- Rosiglitazone is more likely to cause weight gain as compared to other anti-diabetic medicines.
- Rosiglitazone may cause fluid retention (edema), ranging from mild ankle swelling to severe swelling in the lungs that make it hard to breathe.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with any heart problems (high blood pressure, heart attack, heart failure, slow or irregular heart rate).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with bladder cancer.