Information about Rosiglitazone
Rosiglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How rosiglitazone works
Rosiglitazone is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural substance that helps control blood sugar levels.
Common side effects of rosiglitazone
Blurred vision, Numbness, Bone fracture, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Rosiglitazone
- ₹33 to ₹93Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11000Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹55Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹100Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹90Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹100Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹99Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40Technica Lab Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹55Invision Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rosiglitazone
- Rosiglitazone has been withdrawn from the market due to an increased risk of heart attack and heart-related deaths.
Frequently asked questions for Rosiglitazone
Q. Can Rosiglitazone be used along with glimepiride in diabetes?
Rosiglitazone when added to Glimepiride in patients with diabetes mellitus, has been found to significantly reduce plasma lipid levels and significant improvement in blood pressure control related to a reduction in the insulin resistance.
Q. How to use Rosiglitazone?
Rosiglitazone is an anti-diabetes drug used along with a proper diet and exercise program to control high blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes. Pioglitazone acts as an insulin sensitizer and decreases the extent of insulin resistance in the body too.
Q. How does Rosiglitazone cause oedema?
Rosiglitazone increases the permeability of fluid in tiny blood vessels called capillaries. This results in easier movement of fluids across the membrane and their consequent accumulation, resulting in oedema (puffiness). Also, Pioglitazone causes increased sodium and water reabsorption from the kidney that contributes to the oedema.
Q. How does Rosiglitazone cause heart failure?
Rosiglitazone can cause fluid retention and edema. Consequently, there is a lot of fluid in the body (fluid overload). As a result, it may precipitate heart failure (which worsens with fluid overload in those at risk).
Q. Can Rosiglitazone be used in depression?
Rosiglitazone, either alone or as add-on therapy to conventional treatments, could clinically benefit patients of major depression according to a study