Rosiglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How it works
Rosiglitazone restores the body's ability to use insulin, lowering the blood sugar levels. Rosiglitazone also decreases the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and decreases glucose production in the liver.
Common side effects
Blurred vision, Respiratory tract infection, Bone fracture, Numbness
- ₹33 to ₹93Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹55Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹100Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11000Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹99Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹100Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you have liver disease.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had urinary bladder cancer.
- Rosiglitazone does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you had a heart failure in the past.