Rosiglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How it works
Rosiglitazone restores body's ability to use insulin to lower blood sugar level. Also decreases amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and decreases glucose production from liver.
Common side effects
Weight gain, Peripheral edema, Headache, Pharyngitis, Respiratory tract infection, Sinus inflammation, Muscle pain
- ₹33 to ₹93Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹99Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹100Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹55Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹100Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11000Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you have liver disease.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had urinary bladder cancer.
- Rosiglitazone does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you had a heart failure in the past.