Ritodrine is used in preterm labor
How it works
Ritodrine relaxes the muscles of the uterus and prevents preterm delivery.
Common side effects
- ₹157Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹148Juggat Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹178Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹141Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹66Unicure India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹113Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75Bsp Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹81Calibar Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹55Dahlia Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹73Kamron Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- Caution is to be used if you are suffering from cardiac diseases, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, hypokalemia and diabetes mellitus.
- High doses of ritodrine might cause hypokalemia in patients taking corticosteroids, diuretics (acetazalamide, loop diuretics and thiazides) or theophylline.
- Your blood pressure and pulse rate may be monitored while on ritodrine treatment.
- Avoid over-hydration while taking ritodrine.
- Stop taking this medicine and you may advised to use ?–blocker as an antidote in case of drug overdose.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is ritodrine?
Ritodrine is a 2-adrenergic agonist
Q. What it is used for?
It is used in in treatment of uncomplicated premature labour.