Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
Information about Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
Risperidone + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol uses
Risperidone+Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How risperidone + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol works
This is a combination of two medicines: Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol. Risperidone is an atypical antipsychotic which works by balancing the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thoughts, and behavior. Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is an anticholinergic which works on the nervous system and corrects some of the chemical imbalances that cause Parkinson's disease and certain side effects occurring during antipsychotic treatment.
Common side effects of risperidone + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol
Nausea, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Increased prolactin level in blood, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
- ₹75Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹84Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
- Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is a combination medicine that helps treat schizophrenia or mania.
- Trihexyphenidyl controls drug induced abnormal movements.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication as it may lower its efficacy.
- It can cause dry mouth. Maintain good oral hygiene,drink water, chew sugarless gum, or suck on hard candy for the dry mouth.
- It may cause an increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat). Eat healthy, exercise, and monitor your levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma or trouble passing urine.
- Do not stop taking Risperidone + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.