Information about Racecadotril + Ofloxacin
Racecadotril + Ofloxacin Uses
Racecadotril+Ofloxacin is used in the treatment of diarrhea.
How Racecadotril + Ofloxacin works
Racecadotril + Ofloxacin is a combination of two medicines: Racecadotril and ofloxacin which treat diarrhoea. Racecadotril is an enkephalinase inhibitor which has anti-secretory effects. It reduces the secretion of water and electrolytes from the intestine. This helps reduce the amount of fluid lost from the body in diarrhoea. Ofloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of Racecadotril + Ofloxacin
Nausea, Stomach pain, Vomiting, Headache, Dizziness, Rash, Itching
Available Medicine for Racecadotril + Ofloxacin
Racigyl OMankind Pharma Ltd
₹66 to ₹1452 variant(s)
Enuff OHetero Drugs Ltd
Oltef RCLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Toflox OLincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ole-RStallion Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Daiagon-RCLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Oshin RozPharm Biotech
Deflox RDDew Drops Lab
Expert advice for Racecadotril + Ofloxacin
- You have been prescribed Racecadotril + Ofloxacin to get relief from stomach pain and loose stools due to diarrhea.
- Diarrhea can cause water loss and electrolyte imbalance. Drink plenty of fluids especially ORS (oral rehydration solution) to help keep you hydrated.
- Take light meals and avoid fatty, spicy, or heavy food.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking and till 4 days after taking this medication.
- Do not use Racecadotril + Ofloxacin if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.