Information about Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine
Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine Uses
Pyrimethamine+Sulphadoxine is used in the treatment of malaria.
How Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine works
Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine is a combination of two medicines: Pyrimethamine and Sulphadoxine which treat malaria. Pyrimethamine is an antiparasitic medicine which works by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malarial parasite. This kills the parasite and stops the infection from spreading. Sulphadoxine is an antibiotic which stops the bacteria from producing folic acid, a nutrient required for bacterial multiplication.
Common side effects of Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Fatigue, Feeling of fullness, Dizziness, Headache, Mouth sore, Skin rash
Available Medicine for Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine
RezizShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹4 to ₹173 variant(s)
MalcidalLark Laboratories Ltd
LaridoxIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹4 to ₹92 variant(s)
₹7 to ₹652 variant(s)
MaladoxShalina Laboratories Pvt Ltd
CurekelafineUnicure India Pvt Ltd
Malowin AOmega Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine
- Pyrimethamine + Sulphadoxine must be taken with food at the same time every day.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is advisable to drink plenty of fluids and a healthy diet while taking the medicine.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking medication as it may cause increased side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.