Purified Vi Ploysaccharide Typhoid Vaccine
Purified Vi Ploysaccharide Typhoid Vaccine is used to prevent typhoid fever.
How it works
Purified Vi polysaccharide typhoid vaccine belongs to a group of drugs called immunizing agents. It is produced by Sanofi Pasteur SA, for intramuscular use, is a sterile solution containing the cell surface Vi polysaccharide extractedand works by activating the immune system to produce antibodies (specific immune compounds) against Salmonella typhi virus thereby providing immunity from future infections.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Fever, Headache, Rash, Urticaria, Vomiting, Gastrointestinal discomfort
- 1 variant(s)
- Do not take vaccination if you are suffering from fever or infection.
- Take typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine 2 weeks prior to traveling to an area at risk.
- Inform your doctor if you have any immune problems like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection, cancer or if you are taking medicines that affect your immune system.
- Tell your doctor if you have blood clotting problems, high grade fever with infection.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any allergic reactions.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to purified Vi polysaccharide typhoid vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Infants and children up to 2 years of age.
- Patients with high grade fever and infection.