Information about Propylene Glycol
Propylene glycol uses
Propylene Glycol is used in the treatment of dry eye disease.
How propylene glycol works
Common side effects of propylene glycol
Available Medicine for Propylene GlycolNo medicine available
Expert advice for Propylene Glycol
- Your doctor has prescribed Propylene Glycol to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.