Information about Procaine Penicillin G
Procaine Penicillin G Uses
How Procaine Penicillin G works
Procaine Penicillin G is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Procaine Penicillin G
Allergic reaction, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Rash, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Expert advice for Procaine Penicillin G
- You have been prescribed Procaine Penicillin G for the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is given by an injection into a vein or muscle, or via a drip into a vein.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.