How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Prednicarbate cream or ointment is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and do not apply the cream on face, underarms, groin, or diaper areas, vagina, over large areas of the body.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes.
- Do not cover the treated skin with bandage or other covering as it may increase the side effects.
- Consult the doctor if symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks or if they become worse or if you have a cut or sore that does not heal.
- Check your child’s growth regularly as it may affect the growth rate in children and adolescents.
- Prednicarbate is not recommended in children younger than 1 year old.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Patients allergic to prednicarbate or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with any kind of skin infection, cuts, scrapes, or lessened blood flow to skin.
- It should not take if patient is who had a recent vaccination, measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox, or shingles.
Frequently asked questions
Q.What is prednicarbate emollient cream ointment 0.1% used for?
Prednicarbate is used in the treatment of inflammatory skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, to relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions
Q.What is prednicarbate ointment?
Prednicarbate ointment 0.1% contains 1.0 mg of prednicarbate in a base, used topically as anti-inflammatory and antipruritic agent.