Prednicarbate topical is used to treat redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions such as eczema (allergic condition that makes your skin dry and itchy) and psoriasis (itchy or sore patches of thick, red skin with silvery scales).
How it works
Prednicarbate belongs to a class of medications called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the chemicals responsible for causing inflammation.
Common side effects
Tingling sensation of extremity, Numbness of extremity, Acne-like rash, Allergic reaction, Tongue swelling, Shortness of breath, Application site irritation, Burning sensation, Itching, Cracking of skin, Discoloration of skin, Hair follicle inflammation, Increased hair growth, Mouth inflammation, Muscle weakness, Pain in muscles, Skin peeling, Skin burn, Tingling sensation, Weight gain
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Prednicarbate cream or ointment is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and do not apply the cream on face, underarms, groin, or diaper areas, vagina, over large areas of the body.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes.
- Do not cover the treated skin with bandage or other covering as it may increase the side effects.
- Consult the doctor if symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks or if they become worse or if you have a cut or sore that does not heal.
- Check your child’s growth regularly as it may affect the growth rate in children and adolescents.
- Prednicarbate is not recommended in children younger than 1 year old.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Patients allergic to prednicarbate or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with any kind of skin infection, cuts, scrapes, or lessened blood flow to skin.
- It should not take if patient is who had a recent vaccination, measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox, or shingles.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is prednicarbate emollient cream ointment 0.1% used for?
Prednicarbate is used in the treatment of inflammatory skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, to relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions.
Q. What is prednicarbate ointment?
Prednicarbate ointment 0.1% contains 1.0 mg of prednicarbate in a base, used topically as anti-inflammatory and antipruritic agent.