Information about Prednicarbate
Prednicarbate is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How prednicarbate works
Prednicarbate is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of prednicarbate
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Prednicarbate
- ₹143Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prednicarbate
- Prednicarbate is used to treat the redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Don't use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Prednicarbate and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Prednicarbate
Q. What is prednicarbate emollient cream ointment 0.1% used for?
Prednicarbate is used in the treatment of inflammatory skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, to relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions
Q. What is prednicarbate ointment?
Prednicarbate ointment 0.1% contains 1.0 mg of prednicarbate in a base, used topically as anti-inflammatory and antipruritic agent.