Information about Praziquantel
Praziquantel is used in the treatment of worm infections and schistosoma infections.
How Praziquantel works
Praziquantel works by causing severe spasms and paralysis of the worms' muscles. Some kinds of worms are then passed in the stool. However, you may not notice them since they are sometimes completely destroyed in the bowels. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of Praziquantel
Headache, Fever, Dizziness, General discomfort, Abdominal discomfort, Urticaria
Available Medicine for Praziquantel
PrazivacMedsuvac Lifesciences Private Limited
ZenticideTaj Pharma India Ltd
BiltreeKachhela Medex Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Praziquantel
- You have been prescribed Praziquantel to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Praziquantel.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.