Information about Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Piperacillin + Tazobactum Uses
Piperacillin+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Piperacillin + Tazobactum works
Piperacillin + Tazobactum is a combination of two medicines: Piperacillin and Tazobactum. Piperacillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Piperacillin against bacteria.
Common side effects of Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Piperacillin + Tazobactum
PipzoAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹98 to ₹2753 variant(s)
TazomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹174 to ₹2382 variant(s)
DuratazAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹89 to ₹2393 variant(s)
₹98 to ₹4903 variant(s)
TazotumZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹89 to ₹4024 variant(s)
MicrotazMicro Labs Ltd
₹288 to ₹3002 variant(s)
MaxotazMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹158 to ₹2382 variant(s)
LintazVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹96 to ₹4463 variant(s)
Expert advice for Piperacillin + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Piperacillin + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Piperacillin + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.