Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Information about Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Piperacillin + tazobactum uses
Piperacillin+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How piperacillin + tazobactum works
This is a combination of two medicines: Piperacillin and Tazobactum. Piperacillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Piperacillin against bacteria.
Common side effects of piperacillin + tazobactum
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Piperacillin + Tazobactum
- ₹92 to ₹269Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹170 to ₹233Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹248Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹231Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹482Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹403Zuventus Healthcare Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹288 to ₹300Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹334Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹158 to ₹233Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹203 to ₹447Veritaz Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Piperacillin + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Piperacillin + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Piperacillin + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
Frequently asked questions for Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Piperacillin + Tazobactum
Q. What is Piperacillin+Tazobactum used for?
Piperacillin+Tazobactum is used to treat lower respiratory, urinary tract and skin infections.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Piperacillin+Tazobactum?
Use of Piperacillin+Tazobactum should be avoided in patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine.
Q. What happens if I overdose?
If you overdose Piperacillin+Tazobactum you may suffer severe from anxiety, restlessness or nervousness, or seizure (convulsions). Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of these symptoms.