Pioglitazone + Metformin
Information about Pioglitazone + Metformin
Pioglitazone + metformin uses
Pioglitazone+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How pioglitazone + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Pioglitazone and metformin. Pioglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Metformin is a biguanide which decreases the production and absorption of sugar in your body and allows better use of existing insulin. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of pioglitazone + metformin
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Taste change, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Edema (swelling), Weight gain, Respiratory tract infection, Bone fracture, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Pioglitazone + Metformin
- ₹72 to ₹124USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹118Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹130Wockhardt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹119Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹102Eris Lifesciences Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹103Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹67Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹63Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹80Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹99Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pioglitazone + Metformin
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.