Information about Pioglitazone + Metformin
Pioglitazone + Metformin Uses
Pioglitazone+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Pioglitazone + Metformin works
Pioglitazone + Metformin is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Pioglitazone and metformin. Pioglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Metformin is a biguanide which decreases the production and absorption of sugar in your body and allows better use of existing insulin. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of Pioglitazone + Metformin
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Taste change, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Edema (swelling), Weight gain, Respiratory tract infection, Bone fracture, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Pioglitazone + Metformin
Pioz MFUSV Ltd
₹72 to ₹1233 variant(s)
Pioglit MFSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹50 to ₹1185 variant(s)
₹95 to ₹1424 variant(s)
Gluconorm PLupin Ltd
₹54 to ₹1193 variant(s)
Glitaris MEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹69 to ₹1015 variant(s)
Pionorm-MMicro Labs Ltd
₹53 to ₹1023 variant(s)
Glyciphage PFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹54 to ₹733 variant(s)
Piokind-MMankind Pharma Ltd
₹57 to ₹692 variant(s)
Pio-MSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹60 to ₹792 variant(s)
Piomed-MIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹97 to ₹992 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pioglitazone + Metformin
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.