Information about Pholcodine
Pholcodine is used for dry cough.
How pholcodine works
Pholcodine is a cough suppressant. It suppresses cough by reducing the activity of cough centre in the brain.
Common side effects of pholcodine
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Pholcodine
Expert advice for Pholcodine
- Use Pholcodine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Pholcodine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Pholcodine
Q. Is there anything I need to be careful about while on therapy with Pholcodine?
Pholcodine may cause drowsiness and dizziness, especially in the beginning of the treatment. Do not drive or work with tools or machinery if your alertness is affected. It is not advisable to drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it might increase sleepiness.