Information about Phenoxybenzamine
Phenoxybenzamine is used in the treatment of hypertension.
How phenoxybenzamine works
Phenoxybenzamine relaxes the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
Common side effects of phenoxybenzamine
Weakness, Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder, Constriction of pupil, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Gastrointestinal discomfort, Nasal congestion, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Phenoxybenzamine
- ₹484 to ₹1975Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1768Molekule India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Phenoxybenzamine
- Exercise caution during treatment with phenoxybenzamine in an elderly patient.
- Inform your doctor, if you have any heart complaints, brain arteries thickening, low blood pressure or kidney diseases.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as phenoxybenzamine may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Phenoxybenzamine
Q. How long and quick does phenoxybenzamine take to work?
The effect of phenoxybenzamine starts in about 1 hour after an intravenous dose. Following oral administration, the action starts gradually over several hours and persists for 3-4 days following a single dose
Q. Is phenoxybenzamine an antibiotic?
No, phenoxybenzamine is not used as an antibiotic.