Information about Pheniramine
Pheniramine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How pheniramine works
Pheniramine is an antiallergic medication. When your body is exposed to an allergen (pollen, animal dander, house dust etc.), it produces a chemical called histamine. This causes watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing, skin rashes, itching etc. Pheniramine works by blocking the action of histamine, thereby relieving these symptoms.
Common side effects of pheniramine
Available Medicine for Pheniramine
- ₹3 to ₹13Sanofi India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹22Maxzimaa Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.2 variant(s)
- ₹65Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹43Cradel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Kaytross Health Care1 variant(s)
- ₹12Paksons Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Ciron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15Biomedica International1 variant(s)
- ₹7Indus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pheniramine
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Pheniramine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Pheniramine
Q. Can I take paracetamol with Pheniramine?
Yes, paracetamol can be taken with Pheniramine. They are used together in conditions when the patient has a fever along with symptoms of allergy (like running nose, tearing of eyes etc).
Q. Is Pheniramine good for a cold?
Pheniramine is effective in controlling symptoms of cold tearing of eyes, nasal stuffiness and discharge from the nose. All these symptoms are relieved by Pheniramine.
Q. Can Pheniramine cause sleep?
Pheniramine has strong sleep-inducing effects. It is therefore not prescribed if a person is involved in any work that requires mental alertness.
Q. Can Pheniramine cause weight loss?
No, Pheniramine is not known to cause weight loss.
Q. Are Pheniramine and chlorpheniramine same?
No, Pheniramine and Chlorpheniramine are not same. They are similar in chemical structure and both are older antihistaminics. Pheniramine does not contain chlorine in it whereas Chlorpheniramine does. However, both are used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
Q. Can I take vitamin C with Pheniramine?
Yes, vitamin C has a role in improving the immunity so it is given with Pheniramine for relieving the symptoms of common cold. No drug-drug interactions or any harmful effects have been reported when they are used together.
Q. Can the use of Pheniramine increase blood pressure?
Pheniramine does not cause an increase in blood pressure. Please consult your doctor if you have increased blood pressure after taking Pheniramine as it would require proper diagnosis and treatment.
Q. Is Pheniramine a steroid?
No, Pheniramine is not a steroid. It is an antihistaminic medicine used in the treatment of some allergic conditions.