Information about Pethidine
Pethidine is used for moderate to severe pain.
How pethidine works
Pethidine is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of pethidine
Sleepiness, Fatigue, Vomiting, Weakness, Headache, Dehydration, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Sedation, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Nausea, Edema (swelling), Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Sweating
Available Medicine for Pethidine
- ₹449Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pethidine
- Use Pethidine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Pethidine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.