Oxetacaine is used to relieve pain associated with several conditions of digestive system like inflammation of the food pipe (esophagitis) or stomach (gastritis), hiatus hernia (protrusion of stomach into esophagus), heartburn of pregnancy, ulcers of the stomach and intestine (peptic ulcer), or long-term bowel disorders (irritable bowel syndrome).
How it works
Oxetacaine belongs to a class of medications called local anesthetics. It acts upon the nerves of the digestive system and stops the nerves from sending signals of pain thus providing relief.
Common side effects
Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Weakness, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Headache, Hypersensitivity reaction, Loss of appetite, Nausea
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Avoid continuous use for long durations.
- Swallow the whole tablet, do not crush or chew, as doing this may cause numbing of the mouth.
- Tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorder, inflammation of a part of the intestine (appendicitis) or decreased levels of potassium in the blood.If you are elderly patient, you may prescribed lower doses and will be recommended medical supervision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to oxetacaine or any of its ingredients.