Information about Oxetacaine
Oxetacaine is used for local anaesthesia.
How oxetacaine works
Oxetacaine works by blocking pain signals from the peripheral nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of oxetacaine
Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Weakness, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Headache, Hypersensitivity reaction, Loss of appetite, Nausea.
Available Medicine for OxetacaineNo medicine available
Expert advice for Oxetacaine
- Avoid continuous use for long durations.
- Swallow the whole tablet, do not crush or chew, as doing this may cause numbing of the mouth.
- Tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorder, inflammation of a part of the intestine (appendicitis) or decreased levels of potassium in the blood.If you are elderly patient, you may prescribed lower doses and will be recommended medical supervision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to oxetacaine or any of its ingredients.