Omeprazole + Cinitapride
Information about Omeprazole + Cinitapride
Omeprazole + Cinitapride Uses
Omeprazole+Cinitapride is used in the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Acid reflux) and Peptic ulcer disease.
How Omeprazole + Cinitapride works
Omeprazole + Cinitapride is a combination of two medicines: Omeprazole and cinitapride which relieve symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn. Cinitapride is a prokinetic which facilitates the movement of intestines, thereby increasing the frequency of bowel movements, softening stools, and reducing abdominal pain/discomfort.
Common side effects of Omeprazole + Cinitapride
Diarrhea, Flatulence, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Headache
Expert advice for Omeprazole + Cinitapride
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking $nae as it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- Long-term use may cause weak or broken bones. Take adequate intake of dietary calcium and vitamin D or their supplements. Do not take it for longer than prescribed.