Information about Olopatadine
Olopatadine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How olopatadine works
Olopatadine blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of olopatadine
Available Medicine for Olopatadine
- ₹86 to ₹140Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹362Alcon Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹142Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹102Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹74Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹96Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Olopatadine
Consult your doctor and do not take olopatadine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Consult your doctor before discontinuing olopatadine treatment.
- Do not use olopatadine eye drops while you are wearing contact lenses. Do not use contact lenses for at least 10-15 mins after using olopatadine in the eye.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while you are on olopatadine eye drops treatment or while your eye is inflamed and red.
- Temporary blurred vision or other visual disturbances may affect the ability to drive or use machines. If blurred vision occurs at instillation of olopatadine eye drops, wait until the vision clears before driving or using machinery.
- If with olopatadine you are concomitantly using other eye drops or eye ointment medicines, leave at least 5 minutes between each medicine; Eye ointments should be administered last.
- Always follow directions of use given in the package insert while using eye drops.
- Olopatadine when taken orally may cause sleepiness. Avoid driving a car or operating machinery when treated with oral olopatadine.
- Do not use oral olopatadine if you have renal disorder or hepatic disorder.
Frequently asked questions for Olopatadine
Q. What is olopatadine ophthalmic solution/eye drops used for?
Olopatadine is used to treat seasonal allergic conjunctivitis (infection and inflammation [itching, redness and swelling] of the conjunctive of the eye) cause due to pollens, dust, animal fur and other allergens
Q. Is olopatadine a steroid?
No, olopatadine is not a steroid. It belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Olopatadine is an antiallergy medicine that decreases production of the chemical histamine which is responsible for initiating allergic responses
Q. How does olopatadine work?
Olopatadine belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It is an antiallergy medicine that decreases production of the chemical histamine which is responsible for initiating allergic responses.
Q. Is olopatadine over-the-counter?
Yes, olopatadine may be available over-the-counter. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What are olopatadine tablets used for?
Olopatadine is used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, hives, and itch associated with skin diseases
Q. Is olopatadine an antibiotic?
No, olopatadine is not an antibiotic. It belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Olopatadine is an antiallergy medicine that decreases production of the chemical histamine which is responsible for initiating allergic responses