Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine
Information about Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine
Olmesartan medoxomil + amlodipine uses
Olmesartan Medoxomil+Amlodipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How olmesartan medoxomil + amlodipine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Olmesartan Medoxomil and Amlodipine which lower blood pressure effectively. Olmesartan Medoxomil is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by relaxing the blood vessels and making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of olmesartan medoxomil + amlodipine
Sleepiness, Taste change, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dizziness, Tiredness, Palpitations, Stomach upset, Increased potassium level in blood
Available Medicine for Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine
- ₹122 to ₹186Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹182Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹207Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹202Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹119 to ₹192Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹193 to ₹283Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹169 to ₹218Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹105Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹206 to ₹285Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹172Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine
- Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Olmesartan Medoxomil + Amlodipine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.