Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
Information about Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
Ofloxacin + tinidazole uses
How ofloxacin + tinidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ofloxacin and Tinidazole. Ofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Tinidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ofloxacin + tinidazole
Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste, Headache
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
- ₹128Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹74DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85Ravian Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹46Waves Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹76Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Clyde Biotech P Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Ofloxacin + Tinidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Ofloxacin + Tinidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
Ofloxacin + Tinidazole
Q. Can the use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole cause dryness in the mouth?
Yes, the use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole can cause dry mouth. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips during the day and keep some water by your bed at night. You may use lip balm if your lips are also dry.
Q. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin+Tinidazole while breastfeeding?
Ofloxacin+Tinidazole should be used with caution in nursing mothers as it can lead to serious side effects. You should always consult your doctor before taking Ofloxacin+Tinidazole.
Q. Can the use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole cause metallic taste?
Yes, the use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole can cause a temporary metallic taste. This metallic taste can be reduced by chewing sugar-free gum or mints, brushing teeth after the meals and by staying hydrated.
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole can lead to increased side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms which are not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
The use of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to ofloxacin or tinidazole or any other excipient. It should preferably be avoided in patients with a history of any inflammation of the tendons (tendinitis), or tendon rupture seen with the use of ofloxacin or any other medicine which belongs to the same group (quinolone group) of antimicrobial agents and in patients with some neurological disorders.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Ofloxacin+Tinidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ofloxacin+Tinidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Ofloxacin+Tinidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.
Q. For how long should you take Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
It is usually taken with or without food, twice a day, for 3 days to 6 weeks. The length of treatment depends on the type of infection being treated. Always consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Q. Can a person drive while taking Ofloxacin+Tinidazole?
No, taking Ofloxacin+Tinidazole may make you feel sleepy, dizzy and may lead to visual disturbances. So, do not drive or use machines while you are on this medicine.