Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Information about Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Ofloxacin + Ornidazole Uses
Ofloxacin+Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial & parasitic infections. It is used to treat gastrointestinal infections such as acute diarrhea or dysentery, gynecological infections, lung infections and urinary infections.
How Ofloxacin + Ornidazole works
Ofloxacin + Ornidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Ofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Ornidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Oflox OZCipla Ltd
₹41 to ₹1693 variant(s)
OrnofAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹47 to ₹1284 variant(s)
Zenflox-OZMankind Pharma Ltd
₹43 to ₹1433 variant(s)
Zanocin OZSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹80 to ₹1513 variant(s)
Oflomac OZMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹1483 variant(s)
BrakkeFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹142 to ₹1892 variant(s)
Nor-Metrogyl PlusLekar Pharma Ltd
₹43 to ₹802 variant(s)
O Cebran OZBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹90 to ₹1022 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Ofloxacin + Ornidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Ofloxacin + Ornidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.