Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Information about Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Ofloxacin + ornidazole uses
Ofloxacin+Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial & parasitic infections. It is used to treat gastrointestinal infections such as acute diarrhea or dysentery, gynecological infections, lung infections and urinary infections.
How ofloxacin + ornidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Ofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Ornidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ofloxacin + ornidazole
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
- ₹41 to ₹169Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹128Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹144Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹151Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹137Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹118Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹173Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹120Zuventus Healthcare Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹75Medley Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹80Lekar Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Ofloxacin + Ornidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Ofloxacin + Ornidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Q. What is Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Ofloxacin+Ornidazole is a combination of two medicines: Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. They work by killing the harmful micro-organisms that can cause infection. Together they help to treat your infection effectively.
Q. Is it safe to use Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Ofloxacin+Ornidazole is safe for most of the patients. In some patients, it may cause common side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness, headache, dryness in the mouth, heartburn and other uncommon or rare side effects. Consult your doctor if you experience any persistent problem while taking this medication.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
The use of Ofloxacin+Ornidazole is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to ofloxacin or to ornidazole or any medicine which belongs to the quinolone or nitroimidazole group of antimicrobial agents.
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of this medicine?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Ofloxacin+Ornidazole can increase the risks of side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms which are not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Ofloxacin+Ornidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ofloxacin+Ornidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Ofloxacin+Ornidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.
Q. Can I take alcohol while on Ofloxacin+Ornidazole?
You should avoid alcohol since it may add to the dizziness and sleepiness caused by Ofloxacin+Ornidazole. Consult with your doctor, if you are not sure about the effects of the medicine.