Information about Ofatumumab
Ofatumumab is used in the treatment of blood cancer (chronic lymphocytic leukemia).
How Ofatumumab works
Ofatumumab is a monoclonal antibody. It specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. Thus it flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
Common side effects of Ofatumumab
Nausea, Flushing of skin, Skin rash, Breathlessness, Cough, Diarrhea, Low energy
Available Medicine for Ofatumumab
ArzerraGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹50556 to ₹1685202 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ofatumumab
- Ofatumumab is given as an IV infusion under the supervision of a doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count (CBC), liver and kidney function.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fever, chills, rash, dizziness and shortness of breath during the treatment.