Nizatidine is used in the treatment of acidity, heartburn, intestinal ulcers and stomach ulcers
How it works
Nizatidine lowers the acid production in the stomach.
Common side effects
Fatigue, Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Muscle pain
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- The Nizatidine can be taken with or without food.
- Nizatidine is very effective in controlling stomach acid release in the midnight, so it is better to take Nizatidine before going to bed.
- Take Nizatidine for the entire prescribed duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel betterIf you are taking an antacid, take it 2 hours before or after the Nizatidine.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks, citrus products like orange and lemon, which irritate the stomach.
- Quit smoking or at least do not smoke after taking the medicine, as it tends to decrease the effect of Nizatidine by increasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Nizatidine, as it increases the blood alcohol level.
- Some laboratory tests may be affected by Nizatidine. Notify your doctor that you are taking this medicine before you have any tests for skin allergies or tests to determine how much acid your stomach produces.
- Patients with kidney disease may need to take a lower dose.