Information about Nimorazole
Nimorazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
How Nimorazole works
Nimorazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Common side effects of Nimorazole
Headache, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Metallic taste
Expert advice for Nimorazole
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Nimorazole used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
- Nimorazole treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.