Information about Nifedipine
How Nifedipine works
Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker. In high blood pressure, it normalizes the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels to reduce the pressure on them, thereby improving the blood flow in the body. The enhanced blood flow in the body further relaxes the heart muscles by reducing the workload on the heart. It also improves the oxygen flow in the body, thereby, preventing any heart-related chest pain.
Common side effects of Nifedipine
Dizziness, Fatigue, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Peripheral edema
Available Medicine for Nifedipine
NicardiaJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹10 to ₹2149 variant(s)
CalcigardTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9 to ₹385 variant(s)
₹25 to ₹646 variant(s)
NFSunij Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹223 variant(s)
CardipinIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹7 to ₹102 variant(s)
NepinLincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹122 variant(s)
CalnifCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹7 to ₹152 variant(s)
CalblocTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹194 variant(s)
NifidipDahlia Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹222 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nifedipine
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Nifedipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how Nifedipine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.