Information about Nepafenac
Nepafenac is used for post-operative eye pain and inflammation.
How Nepafenac works
Nepafenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Nepafenac
Application site irritation
Available Medicine for Nepafenac
NepalactSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
NepaflamAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹194 to ₹3272 variant(s)
AmplinakAllergan India Pvt Ltd
NepatopEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NepastarMankind Pharma Ltd
NepacinOptho Pharma Pvt Ltd
NeypacIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Nepafenac
- Your doctor has prescribed Nepafenac for the relief of post-operative eye pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Usually, a 4 to 6-week course may be necessary.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Notify your doctor if you are on blood thinners or have bleeding problems.
- Use the eye drops within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.