Nateglinide + Metformin
Information about Nateglinide + Metformin
Nateglinide + metformin uses
Nateglinide+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How nateglinide + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Nateglinide and metformin. Nateglinide is a meglitinide analogue which increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. This prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals. Metformin is a biguanide which decreases the production and absorption of sugar in your body and allows better use of existing insulin. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of nateglinide + metformin
Nausea, Taste change, Loss of appetite, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
Available Medicine for Nateglinide + Metformin
- ₹62Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹68Aileron Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nateglinide + Metformin
- It is fast-acting and reaches full effect within an hour.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly while taking this medicine.