Naproxen + Domperidone
Information about Naproxen + Domperidone
Naproxen + domperidone uses
Naproxen+Domperidone is used in Prevention of migraine.
How naproxen + domperidone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Naproxen and Domperidone. Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain due to migraine. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the region in the brain that controls vomiting associated with migraine. It also increases the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach.
Common side effects of naproxen + domperidone
Indigestion, Flu-like symptoms, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Naproxen + Domperidone
- ₹55 to ₹72Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹75Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹73Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹62Tas Med India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹74 to ₹87Icon Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹109Wander Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹64Crescent Therapeutics Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹74Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Gentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹70MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Naproxen + Domperidone
- You have been prescribed Naproxen + Domperidone for prevention of migraine headaches.
- Do not take it to treat an acute attack of migraine.
- Some tips that may help avoid a migraine attack:
- Have your meals at the same time everyday
- Avoid bright lights and extreme temperatures
- Avoid loud music and noisy places
- Avoid chocolates, cheese, processed food, alcohol and smoking
- Get enough sleep and avoid stress
- It may cause sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Naproxen + Domperidone affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may cause new and worse headaches.
- Keep taking it every day, as prescribed by your doctor, even if you do not have any symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Naproxen + Domperidone
Naproxen + Domperidone
Q. What is Naproxen+Domperidone?
Naproxen+Domperidone is a combination of two medicines: Naproxen and Domperidone. This combination helps in relieving the symptoms of migraine like headache, nausea and vomiting. Naproxen is a pain-killer that blocks the release of certain chemical messengers that cause headache. Domperidone is an anti-emetic agent (prokinetic). It increases the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach. This helps in relieving vomiting.
Q. Can the use of Naproxen+Domperidone cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Naproxen+Domperidone can cause diarrhea. In case, you experience diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice any signs of dehydration, like less urination with dark coloured and strong-smelling urine. Do not take any other medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Naproxen+Domperidone?
The use of Naproxen+Domperidone is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine or in patients with known allergy to other painkillers (NSAIDs). The use of this medicine should preferably be avoided in patients with a history of stomach ulcers or in patients with active, recurrent stomach ulcer/bleeding. It should also be avoided in patients with history of heart failure, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
Q. Can the use of Naproxen+Domperidone cause damage to kidneys?
Yes, the long-term use of Naproxen+Domperidone can cause damage to the kidneys. Normal kidneys produce a chemical called prostaglandins that protects them from damage. Use of painkillers lower the levels of prostaglandins in the body, which leads to kidney damage on long-term use. Use of painkillers is not recommended to patients with underlying kidney disease.
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Naproxen+Domperidone?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Naproxen+Domperidone can increase the risks of side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of migraine attacks which are not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Can I stop taking Naproxen+Domperidone when my migraine symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Naproxen+Domperidone until advised by your doctor.
Q. What are the recommended storage conditions for Naproxen+Domperidone?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it as mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.