Information about Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole
Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole Uses
How Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole works
Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Nalidixic Acid and Metronidazole. Nalidixic Acid works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Metronidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole
Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste, Headache
Available Medicine for Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole
Gramoneg MSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
GramonexNippon Seiyaku Pvt Ltd
₹43 to ₹1292 variant(s)
DixigylGracure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
BetadixAgron Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹252 variant(s)
AldiagramAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Entrodix MAlbert David Ltd
BactometWin-Medicare Pvt Ltd
Negadix MAdcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Genogyl NGeno Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹26 to ₹272 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Nalidixic Acid + Metronidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.