Information about Mometasone Topical
Mometasone topical uses
Mometasone Topical is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How mometasone topical works
Mometasone topical is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
Common side effects of mometasone topical
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis
Available Medicine for Mometasone Topical
- ₹141 to ₹318Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹392Fulford India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹290Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP3 variant(s)
- ₹476MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹222 to ₹470British Biologicals3 variant(s)
- ₹244Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹275Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹310Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹138 to ₹174Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹185Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mometasone Topical
- Do not keep the treated skin area covered or apply on your face unless advised by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have diseases like tuberculosis (TB), herpes simplex virus (infection of the eye), cystic fibrosis (genetic disorder of glands resulting in lung and digestive problems), clouding of lens in the eye (cataract) or raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma), or a lung or chest infection or cold or breathing problems, if you are taking other corticosteroid medications.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to mometasone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have had an infection or injury or surgical procedure of the nose.
- Do not use by Children < 6 years.
- Do not use if you are suffering from bacterial, fungal or viral dermatitis (bacterial skin infections).
- Do not use if you have rosacea (redness, small and superficial dilated blood vessels on facial skin).
- Do not use if you are suffering from perioral dermatitis (scaly or bumpy rash around the lips).
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone Topical
Q. Is mometasone a steroid drug?
Yes. Mometasone is a steroidal drug
Q. Is mometasone the same as hydrocortisone?
No. Mometasone and hydrocortisone are different drugs; although both are steroids
Q. Does mometasone topical treat ringworm/acne?
Mometasone topical does not treat ringworm/acne. It only treats the symptoms of inflamed skin
Q. Does mometasone topical lighten skin?
Yes. Mometasone topical may lighten the area of skin which is darkened due to any infection.