Information about Mometasone + Fusidic Acid
Mometasone + Fusidic Acid Uses
Mometasone+Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How Mometasone + Fusidic Acid works
Mometasone + Fusidic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Mometasone and Fusidic Acid, which treats skin infections. Mometasone is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Mometasone + Fusidic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Mometasone + Fusidic Acid
HhfudicHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
Momate-FGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Momoz FTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Fusiwal MWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Motimesh SFApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Metasone FTalent India
MfsudifKLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Momisoft-FAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Fuzi MAdips Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Mometasone + Fusidic Acid
- Mometasone + Fusidic Acid helps treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis that are also infected by bacteria.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after two weeks of treatment.
- Do not use it for longer than prescribed as prolonged or repeated use can cause the skin to become over-sensitive to the medicine and may also result in the bacteria becoming resistant to the antibiotic.