Information about Modafinil
Modafinil is used in the treatment of narcolepsy.
How Modafinil works
Modafinil modulates the levels of chemical messengers in the brain and exerts a stimulant effect to reduce extreme sleepiness.
Common side effects of Modafinil
Headache, Nausea, Nervousness, Anxiety, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Diarrhea, Indigestion, Back pain, Runny nose
Available Medicine for Modafinil
ModalertSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹204 to ₹3232 variant(s)
ModafilIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹106 to ₹2424 variant(s)
MetadoopCare Formulation Labs Pvt Ltd
ModonDorris Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹71 to ₹1602 variant(s)
SemanfinilSemangat Healthcare Pvt Ltd
WakactiveVanprom Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹139 to ₹2482 variant(s)
₹75 to ₹1092 variant(s)
VinfilHoly Evolution Pharma
₹75 to ₹2002 variant(s)
MatalertMatias Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹75 to ₹2103 variant(s)
Expert advice for Modafinil
- Take it with or without food, preferably in morning time before you need to be alert.
- It is not a replacement for a good sleep routine. Try to get the right amount of sleep every night.
- It may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable pain killer. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid taking alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to increase side effects.
- Your doctor may monitor you for heart disease and blood pressure while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- It makes contraceptive pills less effective, consult with a doctor for effective contraception.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor if you experience rash, itching or breathing problem while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you had a history of depression, anxiety, mood disorder, or mania and drug abuse.
- Inform your doctor if you notice difficulty sleeping, diarrhea, hallucinations, nausea, chest pain, and fast or slow heart rate.
- It may cause addiction/ dependence potential when taken for long term.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.