Information about Modafinil
Modafinil is used in the treatment of narcolepsy.
How modafinil works
Modafinil modulates the levels of chemical messengers in the brain and exerts a stimulant effect to reduce extreme sleepiness.
Common side effects of modafinil
Headache, Nausea, Nervousness, Anxiety, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Palpitations, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Abdominal pain, Irritability, Dyspepsia, Increased liver enzymes, Abnormal thoughts, Depression, Tachycardia, Decreased appetite, Diarrhoea, Confusion, Constipation
Available Medicine for Modafinil
- ₹132 to ₹205Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹157Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹68Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹190Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹98Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Psycormedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Modafinil
- Take the drug about 1 hour before you need to be fully alert.
- Limit intake of caeffine.
- Do not stop the drug suddenly as you can get withdrawl symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol whil taking this drug.
- Do not give modafinil to children below 18 years of age.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content (e.g. lactose) in the medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking modafinil as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for Modafinil
Q. Is Modafinil an addictive/narcotic drug?
Modafinil is not a narcotic drug. But, it may cause addiction/dependency if not taken as prescribed
Q. Is Modafinil an amphetamine/nootropic?
Yes. Modafinil is a nootropic drug but it is not an amphetamine
Q. Is Modafinil safe?
Yes. Modafinil is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take modafinil with citalopram, paracetamol, aspirin, Ritalin, or Aderall?
Modafinil should not be taken with citalopram. It can be taken with paracetamol, aspirin, Ritalin, or Aderall, only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does Modafinil improve memory?
Modafinil promotes wakefulness. However, it does not improve the memory
Q. Does Modafinil cause hair loss?
Yes. Modafinil may cause hair loss. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does Modafinil promote weight loss?
No. Modafinil does not promote weight loss.