Information about Metronidazole + Norfloxacin
Metronidazole + Norfloxacin Uses
How Metronidazole + Norfloxacin works
Metronidazole + Norfloxacin is a combination of two antibiotics: Metronidazole and Norfloxacin. Metronidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Norfloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Metronidazole + Norfloxacin
Nausea, Headache, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste
Available Medicine for Metronidazole + Norfloxacin
Nor MetrogylLekar Pharma Ltd
GramogylSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹25 to ₹752 variant(s)
Bacigyl-NAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹262 variant(s)
Largyl NLark Laboratories Ltd
₹8 to ₹252 variant(s)
Combizol TNavil Laboratories Pvt Ltd
M Cid PlusGroup Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Flomet OZest Pharma
₹29 to ₹692 variant(s)
Power StopPsychotropics India Ltd
Powergyl OZCipla Ltd
Expert advice for Metronidazole + Norfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Metronidazole + Norfloxacin if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Metronidazole + Norfloxacin as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.