Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril
Information about Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril
Metoprolol succinate + ramipril uses
Metoprolol Succinate+Ramipril is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How metoprolol succinate + ramipril works
This is a combination of two medicines: Metoprolol and ramipril which lower blood pressure effectively. Metoprolol is a beta blocker which works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor which reduces stress on the heart and relaxes blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly.
Common side effects of metoprolol succinate + ramipril
Nausea, Taste change, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Cough, Dizziness, Weakness, Headache, Cold extremities, Slow heart rate, Numbness of extremity, Increased potassium level in blood, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril
- ₹139 to ₹208Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹229Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹143 to ₹222Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹138 to ₹236Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹236Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹111 to ₹273Ajanta Pharma Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹110Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹178AstraZeneca2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹150Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88Zodley Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril
- You have been prescribed Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Metoprolol Succinate + Ramipril may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medication.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause a sudden increase in your blood pressure.