Information about Metoprolol Succinate
Metoprolol Succinate Uses
How Metoprolol Succinate works
Metoprolol Succinate is a long-acting beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of Metoprolol Succinate
Dizziness, Slow heart rate, Rash, Diarrhea, Tiredness, Shortness of breath
Available Medicine for Metoprolol Succinate
ProlometSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹44 to ₹1704 variant(s)
₹138 to ₹3063 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1494 variant(s)
MetocardTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹48 to ₹1736 variant(s)
₹35 to ₹1484 variant(s)
RevelolIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹20 to ₹2467 variant(s)
₹59 to ₹1744 variant(s)
VinicorIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹50 to ₹1803 variant(s)
TololTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹38 to ₹1626 variant(s)
Met XLAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹32 to ₹2716 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metoprolol Succinate
- Metoprolol Succinate lowers your blood pressure and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
- It may also be used to reduce the number and severity of angina attacks (chest pain caused by heart disease).
- Metoprolol Succinate should be taken once a day regularly at the same time.
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent stroke and heart attack.
- Lifestyle changes like low-fat diet, exercise, and not smoking may help this medicine work better.
- Do not stop taking Metoprolol Succinate suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.