Information about Metoprolol Succinate
Metoprolol Succinate Uses
How Metoprolol Succinate works
Metoprolol Succinate is a long-acting beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of Metoprolol Succinate
Stomach pain, Cold extremities, Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness, Slow heart rate, Breathlessness
Available Medicine for Metoprolol Succinate
Met XLAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹64 to ₹2488 variant(s)
ProlometSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹37 to ₹1454 variant(s)
₹124 to ₹2543 variant(s)
₹43 to ₹1234 variant(s)
MetocardTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹40 to ₹1436 variant(s)
RevelolIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹20 to ₹1495 variant(s)
₹33 to ₹1435 variant(s)
₹32 to ₹1344 variant(s)
VinicorIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹45 to ₹1493 variant(s)
TololTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹34 to ₹1486 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metoprolol Succinate
- Metoprolol Succinate should be taken once a day regularly at the same time.
- Lifestyle changes like low-fat diet, exercise, and not smoking may help this medicine work better.
- Do not stop taking Metoprolol Succinate suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.