Information about Metamizole/Dipyrone
Metamizole/Dipyrone is used for pain relief.
How metamizole/dipyrone works
Metamizole/Dipyrone is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of metamizole/dipyrone
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain / epigastric pain
Available Medicine for Metamizole/Dipyrone
- ₹16Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Flagship Biotech International1 variant(s)
- ₹5Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- 2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metamizole/Dipyrone
- Metamizole/Dipyrone is used to relieve pain, inflammation, and fever.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Metamizole/Dipyrone as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Metamizole/Dipyrone
Q. Is Metamizole/Dipyrone safe?
Yes. Metamizole/Dipyrone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Metamizole/Dipyrone banned?
Yes. Metamizole/Dipyrone is banned in India. Consult your doctor regarding alternative medication.