Information about Metadoxine
Metadoxine is used in the treatment of cholestatic liver diseases, alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver.
How metadoxine works
Metadoxine belongs to class of drugs called liver protectives. It acts by increasing the alcohol elimination from the blood and tissues, thus preventing liver damage.
Common side effects of metadoxine
Nausea, Rash, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Itching, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Metadoxine
- ₹24 to ₹158Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹159Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹154Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹195Icon Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹145Icon Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹17Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹360Esmatrix Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metadoxine
- Metadoxine should be taken preferably after meals.
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Metadoxine. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Metadoxine absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.