Metadoxine is used in the treatment of cholestatic liver diseases, alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver
How it works
Metadoxine belongs to class of drugs called liver protectives. It acts by increasing the alcohol elimination from the blood and tissues, thus preventing liver damage.
Common side effects
Nausea, Rash, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Itching, Diarrhoea
- ₹144Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹145Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹410Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹165Icon Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹130Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹127Icon Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹320Esmatrix Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Metadoxine should be taken preferably after meals.
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Metadoxine. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Metadoxine absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.