Information about Meropenem + Sulbactam
Meropenem + Sulbactam Uses
Meropenem+Sulbactam is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How Meropenem + Sulbactam works
Meropenem + Sulbactam is a combination of two medicines: Meropenem and Sulbactam. Meropenem is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate Meropenem . Addition of Sulbactam reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Meropenem against bacteria.
Common side effects of Meropenem + Sulbactam
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Headache, Rash
Available Medicine for Meropenem + Sulbactam
Mero SBAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Meromac PlusMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Merobax SBAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Merotrol SLupin Ltd
Merosure SBAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Menem-SUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
Merotec XPZuventus Healthcare Ltd
Meroza XPZydus Cadila
Kupen SBHetero Drugs Ltd
Zaxter XPAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Meropenem + Sulbactam
- Meropenem + Sulbactam is given as an injection under the supervision of a doctor only.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how medicine affects you.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to overcome medicine side effects.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication as it can enhance the dizziness.
- Discontinue Meropenem + Sulbactam and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.