Information about Melatonin
Melatonin is used in insomnia and jet lag.
How Melatonin works
Melatonin is a natural hormone which regulates the sleep-wake cycle and helps you fall asleep.
Common side effects of Melatonin
Available Medicine for Melatonin
MelosetAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
NocturaFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
MelokalmTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NvedaBellavita Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹450 to ₹21508 variant(s)
LifotoninLifeSurge BioSciences Pvt Ltd
CirkedianSharing Formulations Pvt Ltd
HypnoshilShilpa Medicare Ltd
Expert advice for Melatonin
- Take it with or without food or at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Some lifestyle habits for good sleep:
- Avoid strenuous activity before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine products at night.
- Avoid extreme temperature like too cold or too hot.
- Prefer dim light at nighttime.
- Try some relaxation therapy.
- Prefer couch to watch tv or read a book rather than a bed.
- It may affect the blood sugar level. Take caution while taking this medicine if you are suffering from diabetes.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Smoking may make Melatonin less effective since it can increase the metabolism (breakdown) of it by the liver.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it may decrease the activity of drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking seizures medicine as Melatonin may increase the frequency of Seizures.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Melatonin, suffering from liver or kidney, or if you have an intolerance to some sugars.