Information about Mebendazole
Mebendazole is used in the treatment of worm infections.
How mebendazole works
Mebendazole affects the permeability of the cell membrane thereby killing the worms.
Common side effects of mebendazole
Available Medicine for Mebendazole
- ₹16 to ₹22Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹24Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹33Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹20Aaron Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22Johnson & Johnson Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Medirose drug & pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹14LA Grande Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15Esquire Drug House1 variant(s)
- ₹8Adcco Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mebendazole
- You have been prescribed Mebendazole to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Mebendazole.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Frequently asked questions for Mebendazole
Q. Does alcohol affect mebendazole?
The effect of alcohol on mebendazole is not known. However, it is advisable not to consume alcohol while taking mebendazole. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Mebendazole kill tapeworms/ roundworms/ pinworms?
Mebendazole is effective against tapeworms, roundworms, pinworms
Q. Does Mebendazole cause diarrhea?
Yes. Mebendazole causing diarrhea is uncommon.Consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.