Information about Mebendazole
Mebendazole is used in the treatment of worm infections.
How mebendazole works
Mebendazole belongs to a class of medicines called as anti-helmintics. It acts by inhibiting glucose uptake by larvae and adult helminthes; thereby killing them..
Common side effects of mebendazole
Headache, Nausea, Fever, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Mebendazole
- ₹15 to ₹20Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹24Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹33Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹20Aaron Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14Gufic Bioscience Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18Colinz Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22Johnson & Johnson Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Adonis Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹65Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mebendazole
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid taking mebendazole If you are suffering from any brain disorder.
- Take special precaution while taking mebendazole if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- This medicine is not recommended for children less than 2 years old.
Frequently asked questions for Mebendazole
Q. Does alcohol affect mebendazole?
The effect of alcohol on mebendazole is not known. However, it is advisable not to consume alcohol while taking mebendazole. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Mebendazole kill tapeworms/ roundworms/ pinworms?
Mebendazole is effective against tapeworms, roundworms, pinworms
Q. Does Mebendazole cause diarrhea?
Yes. Mebendazole causing diarrhea is uncommon.Consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.