Information about Loteprednol etabonate
Loteprednol etabonate Uses
Loteprednol etabonate is used in the treatment of redness and swelling in the eye. It treats and prevents redness & swelling (inflammation) following eye surgery.
How Loteprednol etabonate works
Loteprednol etabonate is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Loteprednol etabonate
Headache, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Eye redness, Dry eye, Corneal defect, Eye discharge, Eye discomfort, Teary eyes, Eye itching, Increased intraocular pressure
Available Medicine for Loteprednol etabonate
LotepredSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹138 to ₹1802 variant(s)
LotelAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹142 to ₹1775 variant(s)
L-predAllergan India Pvt Ltd
LotechekIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹126 to ₹1662 variant(s)
Prednol-LSOptho Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
EtapredSunways India Pvt Ltd
Etapred LSSunways India Pvt Ltd
LopticaOptica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
LotevailNeomedix Healthcare India Private Limited
Expert advice for Loteprednol etabonate
- Your doctor has prescribed Loteprednol etabonate to treat redness and swelling (inflammation) of the eye.
- Do not use Loteprednol etabonate for more than the prescribed duration as it may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
- Loteprednol etabonate helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Loteprednol etabonate can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Loteprednol etabonate. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Loteprednol etabonate suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.