Information about Loteprednol etabonate
Loteprednol etabonate uses
Loteprednol etabonate is used in the treatment of redness and swelling in the eye. It treats and prevents redness & swelling (inflammation) following eye surgery.
How loteprednol etabonate works
Loteprednol etabonate is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of loteprednol etabonate
Eye irritation, Burning sensation, Watery eyes
Available Medicine for Loteprednol etabonate
- ₹105 to ₹150Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹119 to ₹149Ajanta Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹171Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹122Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹125Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹92Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹110Eyekare Kilitch Limited2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Loteprednol etabonate
- Your doctor has prescribed Loteprednol etabonate to treat redness and swelling (inflammation) of the eye.
- Do not use Loteprednol etabonate for more than the prescribed duration as it may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
- Loteprednol etabonate helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Loteprednol etabonate can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Loteprednol etabonate. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Loteprednol etabonate suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Loteprednol etabonate
Q. What is Loteprednol etabonate/Loteprednol etabonate etabonate?
Loteprednol etabonate is a corticosteroid available as an eye drop that reduces inflammation of superficial structures of the eye.