Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Losartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How losartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, which lowers the blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of losartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Taste change, Upset stomach, Diarrhea, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Decreased blood pressure, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Glucose intolerance, Electrolyte imbalance
Available Medicine for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹174Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹120Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹63Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹156Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹32Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹158Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹189Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹88Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
Frequently asked questions for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, the use of Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. Can I use Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide in pregnancy?
No, Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide should be avoided in pregnancy. Its use can cause injury and death to the baby. If you conceive while using Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide, stop using it and contact your doctor immediately. Your doctor will recommend you other ways to lower the blood pressure.
Q. What are some lifestyle changes to make while using Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide. Avoid smoking, as smoking increases your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce the risk of heart attack.
Q. Can I stop taking Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide if I feel well?
No, keep using Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.
Q. Are there any special instructions regarding storage and disposal of this medicine?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.