Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Losartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How losartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Losartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of losartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Altered taste, Stomach upset, Diarrhoea, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Decreased blood pressure, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Glucose intolerance, Electrolyte imbalance
Available Medicine for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹158 to ₹289Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹102Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹102Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹52Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹144Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹104Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹201Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.