Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Losartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide works
Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, which lowers the blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Dizziness, Cough, Upper respiratory tract infection, Back pain
Available Medicine for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Losar-HTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Repace HSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹87 to ₹1552 variant(s)
Losakind-HMankind Pharma Ltd
Covance-DSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
LTK-HUnison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Omnitan HMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Tozaar-HTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹114 to ₹2072 variant(s)
Angizaar-HMicro Labs Ltd
Losanorm HIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹57 to ₹1063 variant(s)
Expert advice for Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.