Information about Lixisenatide
Lixisenatide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How lixisenatide works
Lixisenatide is an anti-diabetic medicine. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas, decreases hormones that raise blood sugar levels, slows down digestion and reduces appetite.
Common side effects of lixisenatide
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
Available Medicine for Lixisenatide
- ₹4114Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lixisenatide
- Inject in your belly, thighs, or the back of your upper arm, any time of day, with or without meals.
- If you miss a dose, you can take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If not, skip the missed dose.
- You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, or stomach pain, which may improve with time. Inform your doctor if these symptoms persist or worsen.
- To avoid nausea, eat smaller meals, replace fatty foods with bland foods like toast or rice, and include ginger-containing food or drinks in your diet.
- You can store the unopened pens in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for up to 14 days. Do not store in the freezer.