Information about Lixisenatide
Lixisenatide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How lixisenatide works
Lixisenatide is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas, decreases hormones that raise blood sugar levels, slows down gastric emptying and reduces appetite.
Common side effects of lixisenatide
Nausea, Vomiting, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Lixisenatide
- ₹4114Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lixisenatide
- Lixisenatide may cause nausea. To avoid it, eat smaller meals, limit fatty food intake and stop eating when you feel full.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you have severe and/or persistent upper abdominal pain.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is within the 72 hours, then skip the missed dose.
- Store the pen in the refrigerator. When refrigeration is not possible, you can also keep your pen at room temperature (less than 30°C) for upto 2 weeks.
- Lixisenatide helps to control blood glucose levels and prevents long-term complications of diabetes.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Lixisenatide.