Information about Lindane
Lindane is used in the treatment of scabies.
How lindane works
Lindane belongs to a group of medicines called scabicides. It kills the scabies bugs, head lice and their eggs.
Common side effects of lindane
Hair loss, Rash, Erythematous rash, Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Convulsion, Itching, Dry skin, Tingling sensation, Numbness, Tremor, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Lindane
- ₹17 to ₹78Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹112NuLife Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹73Vilco Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Euphoric Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Bliss Gvs Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹78Organic Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹35Dales Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lindane
- Do not use lindane to treat repeated scabies attack.
- While applying the solution, make sure your hands are clean and dry.
- Always use gloves made up of nitrile, sheer vinyl or latex with neoprene while applying the lotion, especially when applying to another person.
- Avoid contact with other person, especially babies after applying the lotion on your body.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with clothing.
- Do not use lindane lotion within 1 hour of bathing or wet skin.
- Do not apply lindane solution near your eyes. In case of contact with the eyes, immediately wash with water and if needed consult your doctor.
- Do not apply more than the recommended amount of lindane lotion as it may be harmful.
- Avoid if Patients is allergic to lindane or any other ingredients.
- Avoid if patient is Pregnant or lactating women.
- Avoid if Patients has broken, wounded skin or have open sores on the skin surface.
- Do not take if Patients had seizures or fits in the past.
- Do not take if Patients had used lindane solution in the past.
Frequently asked questions for Lindane
Q. Is Lindane lotion available over-the-counter?
No. Lindane is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon the prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Does Lindane kill scabies, lice eggs, and nits?
Yes. Lindane does kill scabies, lice eggs and nits. However, if you do not see any effects, do not use Lindane more than once and consult the doctor
Q. Is Lindane lotion safe?
Lindane is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as recommended doctor.