Information about Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole
Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole Uses
Levosulpiride+Pantoprazole is used in the treatment of constipation.
How Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole works
Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole is a combination of two medicines: Levosulpiride and Pantoprazole. Levosulpiride is a prokinetic which works by increasing the release of acetylcholine (a chemical messenger). This increases the movement of stomach and intestines, and prevents reflux (acid going up to the food pipe). Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and ulcers.
Common side effects of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole
Nausea, Diarrhea, Flatulence, Constipation, Dizziness, Headache, Sleepiness, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole
Pantocid LSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Pan-LAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Pantin LHetero Drugs Ltd
Pantop LSAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Pantodac LZydus Cadila
Ulpan-LCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
Nupenta LSMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Volapride-PlusMankind Pharma Ltd
Expert advice for Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole as it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- Long-term use may cause weak or broken bones. Take adequate intake of dietary calcium and vitamin D or their supplements. Do not take Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole for longer than prescribed.