Information about Levosimendan
Levosimendan is used in heart failure.
How levosimendan works
Levosimendan makes the heart pump blood with more strength and force, which increases the blood circulation throughout the body.
Common side effects of levosimendan
Decrease in blood pressure, Headache, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Hypokalemic (decreased potassium level in blood) alkalosis, Increased heart rate, Constipation, Irregular heart rate.
Available Medicine for Levosimendan
- ₹469Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹270Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹316Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹453Molekule India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹399Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levosimendan
- You may be treated for low serum potassium levels before the treatment with levosimendan and your potassium levels will be monitored during treatment.
- You will be constantly monitored for changes in ECG, blood pressure and heart rate, urine output for at least 3 days after the treatment or until you become stable.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.