Home>levosalbutamol + beclometasone
Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone
Information about Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone
How Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone works
Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone is a combination of two medicines: Levosalbutamol and Beclometasone. Levosalbutamol is a bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Beclometasone is a steroid medicine. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in body that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone
Hoarseness of voice, Headache, Dizziness, Pharyngitis, Vomiting, Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways), Dryness in mouth, Cough, Application site irritation, Nausea, Gastrointestinal motility disorder, Thrush, Throat irritation
Expert advice for Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone
- You have been prescribed Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone for the treatment of asthma.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- Take it at the same time everyday to maintain consistent level of medicine in your body.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium levels as low oxygen levels in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone can lower potassium levels in blood.
- Only very small amounts of Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.
- Do not stop taking Levosalbutamol + Beclometasone suddenly even if you don’t currently have any symptoms as that may cause your breathing problems to come back.